Wednesday, March 31, 2010

whew . . . !

Really, it wasn't a long enough weekend! My mom & dad arrived from Corpus Christi, Texas, on Thursday evening. They'd spent a short week with my sister and her crew . . .

. . . which is a wild and wonderful bunch! My sister Laura certainly has her hands full! But they are all quite darling kids and my mom & dad had a blast with them.

They stayed with Joc & her hubby and I think they enjoyed getting to know Joc's husband, who's quite the fascinating technology person, better.

We had the opportunity to stop in on Joc during the school day . . . her first permanent classroom! See the curtains? I made those! LOL! So, we document everything with photos . . . a group shot of mom, daughter, and granddaughter. . .

Sawyer was happy with the whole weekend. I think he liked all the attention. He still is so darling! I guess that won't ever change for me, will it?? He's got just the hint of a smile in this one!

Four generations here . . .

And four generations here . . .

I am *so* incredibly blessed. It never ceases to amaze me! :)

There's three generations in this one; you can spot great-grandma and baby, but do you see the third generation hiding in there?!?!

My dad with his great-grandson; two very handsome men!

And here's a captured shot of the bandit that's been raiding our bird feeders and suet cages! He hung around a little later in the morning than he typically does, and I was able to sneak in a few shots, one of which was good!

What we didn't see this whole weekend were the deer! I guess having all the campers up here on Friday night scattered them. I saw a group early on Sunday morning; a doe and her two yearlings, I think, but then we never saw any others up at the site. My mom *so* wanted to see them and we were all so disappointed that they stayed away! Ah well, all the more reason for another visit in the near future, non?

So . . . life slowly returns to normal . . . and I suppose I'll find something quilty to do soon!

To family!

:)