Friday, March 19, 2010

Distracted (Blame it on the Weather)

I have been totally side tracked lately by the weather. First it was seemingly unending wind and rain that always seems to find a way into the house... hard to stay creatively focused when you are sopping up leaks... but then the sun came out and I truly lost my focus.


This sudden burst of light and warmth has distracted me even more. I am completely enthralled by it, and the knowing that Life is quivering right beneath the surface of this nearby field, and that soon everything will be lush and green... well I feel like a kid anticipating the arrival of Santa Clause.


The Snow Geese, (above) and Tundra Swans have made their yearly pilgrimage to Middle Creek, a wonderful Wildlife preserve just a few minutes from my home.


That patch of white off in the distance is a large flock of Snow Geese. They later came right up to the road, exactly when my camera's battery decided to die. Sigh.


Those white dots on the lake are Tundra Swans. (I definitely need a camera with a good zoom lens.) I cannot describe the thrill I get when I see a flock of swans fly above me.


Here's Ellie Mae balancing on a log and hamming it up for the camera... she's happy about Springs arrival, too!