Wednesday, March 10, 2010

happy news and a confession . . .

Yay! My mom has been released this morning! All of her extensive tests came back showing all is well. The neurologist was in late last night and said she's in excellent health. The memory loss is probably a result of transient global amnesia, most likely triggered by a migraine headache (which she'd dealt with just a day or so earlier). More info on transient global amnesia can be found on the Mayo Clinics website, here. He cleared her for travel to Texas and to Alabama, too. Yes! :) Thanks to those of you who send prayers and kind wishes!

I made more progress on Sawyer's quilt. I decided to not use a stencil for the monogram in the little center block, since it was just lined letters and I was only going to use it once. I 'penned' it in so carefully and was so proud of my handiwork, when I realized I'd put it in upside down! LOL! Luckily I checked before I quilted, so it was just a matter of erasing my lines, allowing the fabric to dry, and re-writing. I like the touch!

I think the S looks great too! Not bad for a homemade stencil. It's the first one I've ever cut myself (for quilting).

If you'll check my baby widget, a little further down on the left, you'll note that Sawyer will be here in TWO DAYS (at the latest)!!! I can hardly stand it! It makes me especially grateful that my mom is okay and I don't have to worry and stress about that . . . I can focus on Kim & James & Sawyer! :)

Okay, on to my confession. Remember yesterday when I shared I had won three patterns from Lila Tueller Designs? I so messed up my choices. I looked at the wrong things and what I listed in yesterday's entry were actually FABRIC COLLECTIONS. LOL!!! I felt so silly! But she was *so* gracious and didn't make me feel like an idiot at all (I handled that perfectly fine by myself), and told me where I needed to look for the *real* patterns to choose from. There were a lot more choices, so it was even *more* difficult! But this is what I came up with . . .

Cute, cute bag, no?! I could use one of these bags! I know a daughter and a daughter-in-law, and a couple of sisters and some nieces who might could use one, too . . . *giggle*

I fell in love with the picture of this quilt when I clicked on the Soiree button in the fabric [cough] collection on her page. I was delighted to find that there was a pattern for it!

And I love the big flowers on this one! So fun and spring-like! Yay!

So, a mess-up, but a happy one!

Today? Work, church, quilt, sleep. I love it when a plan comes together!

:)