Thursday, March 25, 2010

Fun with Fussy Cutting

So maybe you've heard of Christmas in July ... well how about Halloween in March? No? Oh well. I recently got a great deal on a stack of Halloween fat quarters, so those, along with the few fabrics I had saved already, were enough to start the first of two I-Spy Halloween quilts (one for each child). I am planning on fussy cutting the center of each square. It is the first time I have done this and it is fun searching over the fabric for the perfect little thing to highlight.
-
The blocks above are 8 inches square. Step one is to make a big pile of these squares, all different. Not sure about step two yet, but it will likely be more fussy cut pieces for sashing and borders. I want to make this as I-Spyish (also probably known as ridiculously busy) as possible!