Friday, March 5, 2010

one more WEEK!!!

One more week (at the MOST) before this little guy makes his grand entrance into our world! I can't explain how excited I am for him to be here . . . being a grandma is just going to ROCK! :) I guess, seeing as how the blessed event is just a week away, I'd better get that quilt for him finished! LOL!

I don't have anything else quilty to share, so I thought instead, I'd share some of our wanderings around Camp Macoba (our homesite) last weekend. Todd had told me there was a creek running through the back of the property, but I'd not explored that deep into the woods (there really hadn't been an opportunity, due to weather, etc.) so I didn't know what to expect. I knew we had two beautiful ponds, because they're right there. This was our view from our picnic lunch . . .

When I thought "creek," I thought perhaps there was a little something like this . . .

Which was very pretty and woodsy and made the melodic water trickling sound I love so much.

Or perhaps, even, it was something like this . . .

Which was beautiful and tranquil and the perfect spot to dip your toes while sitting on the bank with a good book, or maybe some handwork.

I did not, however, have any clue that it was THIS . . .

That's a RIVER! LOL! Or a stream, or something bigger than a creek! It's big & beautiful!

And talk about the sound of rushing water . . . goodness, this is my wishes fulfilled! Look at the sunlight sparkle off the top! Look at the turbulent flow as it heads wherever it goes!

And, it comes complete with . . .

MINNOWS!!! Does it get any better than this???

Well, as a matter of fact . . .

How now? She was grazing up at the meadow, at the other end of the property. So we sit in the middle of woods, surrounded by ponds, streams, and the lowing of cattle.

I am living the DREAM, baby!

:)