Sunday, March 21, 2010

rainy Sunday . . .

It's on again, off again raining. More on than off, though. Afternoons like this are perfect for a cup of tea, some fabric play, and perhaps a good book or magazine to thumb through. (Hint, hint, wink, wink!) Oh, and a nap! :)

Todd and I really did have a great day together yesterday! In the morning we headed over to our church to do a community walk. We had about twenty-five folks show up and we had targeted about two-hundred homes, so we made fairly quick work of it. While Todd got things set up, I did some work on the slide show for the Camp Macoba web page (which is nearly, but not quite finished), and typed a blog entry for the Macoba blog.

Afterward, we headed to Fayetteville so that I could pick up some quilting *stuff*, and we picked up some corn (for the deer) at the Lincoln County Co-op. From there we grabbed a quickie bite and headed into Huntsville. I have really wanted to see Burton's Alice in Wonderland. I didn't realize we'd be seeing it in 3-D! It was fun; I've heard mixed reviews on the movie and I wasn't sure what I'd think. I'm not Burton's biggest fan, but I do like the story itself, and I love Anne Hathaway and Johnny Depp. It was definitely worth it! I loved it and the 3-D aspect of it too! I'm glad we were sitting on the very back row, so no one could see me ducking and flinching!

After the movie we headed to Cantina Laredo for some chile con queso, chips & salsa. It was so-so. Todd had never been there before and I doubt we'll be back! Their guacamole is awesome, but he is not a guac-fan like me. We'll stick to Rosie's for any future date meals!

From the restaurant we wandered back up the length of Bridge Street. We stopped in a kitchen wares store that was having an awesome 20% off any one item sale. Todd had just mentioned wanting a Keurig (we got one for my daughter for her birthday) and they had the deluxe model for a decent price, PLUS the 20% off! I really thought he was going to do it, but alas, we didn't. We don't really *need* one, and since we *are* trying simplify . . . !

We grabbed a sweet treat from the Chocolate Crocodile, and then headed back up to the camp. By the time we got home, it was dark. I had time to post yesterday's entry, and then it was practically bedtime!

I'll leave you with a snapshot of one of my *most* favorite things:

Love my Sawyer baby!

:)