Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy National Quilting Day!!!!!!!!!!!!



Happy National Quilting Day!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello everyone! I do hope you are all having time to quilt today! I am! I have been working on some projects...I have some blocks I am doing for my Quilted Diamond group... then

I have another group on Connecting Threads... Darlene's Slackers Quilt Along... Like a Dear Jane quilt... but don't feel quite up to making one this group is making one using larger (six inch) blocks and our quilt will have ONLY 140 blocks.


Well that is not all I am doing... I am sure most of you have heard of Jodi Barrows. I have always enjoyed the technique she has to make the perfect block and quilts. I have bought most of all of her books, rulers, etc. www.squareinasquare.com I am working now on the patterns located in the pattern book Leaving Riverton. Granny’s Garden 52”x52”

With each of these quilts there is a story... and these stories are of the woman in Jodi’s family. Starting back in 1856. I love it.
I had a chance today to chat on the phone with a dear friend Maryam whom I met a long while ago ...in a group with Inklingo. Then I told her about the group of Quilt with US.
I am going back to quilting. Have a wonderful day! Hugs Morgan