Monday, March 8, 2010

Irma's Dreams Come True

Remember the School Photo series I did a while back? Well, today I received the very best and most thoughtful gift... photos of one of those school children. It was dear Irma, all the way from Paris!

I knew I was in for a treat when I saw the wonderful envelope, complete with a great illustration of Irma...


Inside were the best pics of Irma, traveling all around Paris...


and visiting places from one of her, (and my) favorite movies, Amélie, which takes place in lovely Montmartre, a village in the north of Paris where Irma now happily lives with the lovely Véronique of Verte Adélie...


This is Irma in front of the Café des Deux Moulins which is where Amélie worked as a waitress in the movie...


(I hope she orders the crème brûlée d’Amélie Poulain!)

I bet she thinks she's back in Lancaster County, Pa. in this photo...



Irma visits Basilique du Sacré-Coeur and rides the merry-go-round...



For Irma life is now a cabaret...



I adore each and every photo, but this one was my favorite... Irma in Roscoff, Brittany... she now finally knows what the ocean smells like, which was her most burning desire when she lived with me. (Everyone should know the smell of the Ocean, and I am so happy that Irma has now experienced the magic and beauty of the seaside.)



Seeing these photos of Irma makes me feel as if I have wings... I know my heart does, for it is flying with happiness. Thank you Véronique! xo