Saturday, March 6, 2010

Retreat!!!

Patsy had a few spots open up at her Homestead Cabin Retreat last weekend. My mom thought we should jump on the chance to get away and sew. It didn't take any convincing. I even took a few extra vacation days from work. We finished piecing one of the two quilt tops we started at the retreat last March.
My sister and her husband own a cabin that was built in 1934. These quilts will be a perfect fit for the era and decor of the cabin. My sister, the non quilter of the family, designed these quilts using Electric Quilt after receiving a quick tutorial.
Mom and I arrived early and stayed late. We had the retreat to ourselves on Thursday and Sunday nights and into Monday.
I also spent some time sewing mini quilt blocks for my jewelry. I'm trying to get a jump on 2010 stock before the weather turns nice. Next week my fabric shipments arrive and I will be dyeing lots of fabric in preparation for a quilt show in April.
Right before we headed home I was able to get a shot of this gorgeous pileated woodpecker. What a treat! Thanks for a wonderful weekend Mom.