Friday, March 19, 2010

much ado . . .

. . . about nothing. *sigh*

Are you familiar with the quote, "The best laid schemes, etc...."? Yes, well, it applies here, too!

And it was all going so well!! I'd shared this offering on Tuesday . . .

This lovely offering on Wednesday as part two . . .

And then yesterday, I thought I could foreshadow the final offering with this as part three . . .

Thinking I'd be able to show the "real thing" today. Didn't happen. Out of my control. Nothing I can do.

And I so wanted to have this up today and have my first Blog Giveaway! But it's no fun signing up for a giveaway, when you can't see *everything* that's being offered. Is it? I didn't think so.

So, the dilemma. Do I just forge ahead and do it, knowing you may or may not be interested when you are able to *finally* see? Or do I wait one, two, perhaps THREE more days to be able to post the final offering?

If it happens tomorrow, I could coordinate it with National Quilting Day. Hmmmm. Not a bad idea . . .

Okay. I'm waiting. Which means, unfortunately (and I'm *so* sorry) that you are waiting as well. A lesson learned; don't give a firm date of an impending giveaway, that way when the scheme goes awry . . . no one is the wiser but you!

:)

On a happy quilting note, I had a marvelous time at last night's guild meeting! Our hospitality committee called me out and had me stand so they could introduce me as a new grandma! I was so proud to stand for that (and yes, grinning from ear-to-ear)!

We had over 25 women show & tell almost double that many quilts last night!! It is so wonderful! A lot of the quilts were finished "PHD" or Projects Half Done. We started this at the beginning of our guild year; anyone who registered a PHD and then finished it by a set date, is eligible for a prize. I didn't participate, though I now realize I could have!

We also talked about our 2010 Challenge; I haven't started mine yet, but I am *thinking* about it, which in quilting can sometimes be half the battle! :) The challenge is to create a small (no bigger than 36" square) quilt, based on a greeting card. And the card must be turned in with the challenge quilt. My wheels have been turning!

Then our storyteller did a magnificent job of entertaining us with stories of his life and how quilts figured into it. He did a great job of taking us through laughter and tears . . . he essentially pieced a quilt of storytelling.

Then, when I got home, I had snail-mail love!! The patterns I'd won from Lila Tueller Designs came! And she was *so* very sweet to me! I'd had a hard time settling between two for my third choice, and she sent them *both*. Thank you, Lila!!

This morning, when I came into work, my dear friend and co-worker had this cute little travel mug sitting on her desk . . .

It was so happy and spring-like! I think I have travel-mug-envy!

And finally, what post of mine (these days) would be complete without a glimpse of . . .

A wink & a wave from Sawyer!

Feliz viernes!

:)