Monday, March 22, 2010

Are you labeling your quilts?

I can't say too much beause I am really bad at consistantly doing this.
However, I realize how important it is.
I (and you) spend so much time piecing, quilting and binding our quilts.
What if something happens and no one knows any history on this quilt.
Doesn't the thought of that just break your heart?
 
I've got a few quilts tops that were pieced by my great grandmother.
I think..
I have no idea what year.
Or really anything about the quilt.
Except the fact that they were in her house when she died.
How sad is this.

So honestly.
The only quilts of mine that currently have labels are the ones that have been in shows.
Because they had too..
I'm not so proud of this.
The above quilt is currently in the back of a UPS truck on it's way to Texas.
It was really hard to send.
I felt like I was sending my child.
But. I did add a label before I sent it.
I wanted to make sure it'd come back.

How do I label my quilts?
I use label fabric from Wal-Mart.
Print my label from my computer and stitch it on with clear thread.
I did notice over on Tracey's blog yesterday her darling label.
I love it.
I think the idea of her label would be great on quilts that I give as gifts.

So....
Are you labeling your quilts?

Also,
One of my sweet customers made my I'm Blushing quilt!!!!!
Ahh. I'm so excited.
Then I had the privilege of machine quilting it for her.
I switched things up and quilted it a little bit different than mine and I love it!
Thanks for letting me quilt for you!
Also, head over to Whtnee's blog and see one of the quilts that I machine quilted!

 
Don't miss our sale @ Piece N Quilt!
For more fun updates sign up for Piece N Quilts newsletter.
Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.
~Natalia

Bookmark and Share