Friday, July 23, 2010

weekend time!!

Interesting (?!?) events always seem to find me. Sometime Wednesday, at work, I was bitten by some thing. My first thought was that it was a mosquito or flea (we keep a cat in the office). It itched a little, but it looked of little or no consequence. Yesterday morning, there was a dark, purplish line in the center (about the size of a lead tip for a mechanical pencil), surrounded by redness, but it didn't really bother me at all. It got a little bigger as the day wore on, but not alarmingly big. This morning there was definitely a blister-looking thing at the center, and it was raised and hot. The red area was about 3" in diameter. The doctor said it's probably a spider bite -- either a brown recluse of a hobo spider. Nice! Hardcore oral and topical antibiotics for 10 days, and I go back Monday for him to look at it again. I have to laugh and shake my head!

Yesterday was a productive, albeit quiet, day. I worked on redwork block number five . . .

This one is, "Sawyer's First Day of School"! Have I mentioned how much I'm enjoying the stitching aspect of redwork?!? :)

Then I found time to peruse through the current issue of Quilter's Home magazine. I don't typically buy magazines ('cept for my beloved Tea Time), because of the RV space, but this one had several articles that I felt were "must reads," so I wanted to pick it up.


First of all there was this article on Julie Herman of jaybird quilts. Julie writes one of my favorite blogs (not just of quilting blogs, but of *all* the blogs I read). When she posted on her blog that this article was out, I knew I'd want to read it. It was a good one!


Plus, Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs also was interviewed for an article in the magazine! I've enjoyed the Bunny Hill free block of the month patterns for the past two years. I knew I'd want to read this article, too!


And then I had a chance to flip through this book I finally picked up on crazy quilting . . .

Click on the photo for a direct link to this book on Amazon (where it was priced a LOT better than it was at Books A Million), and you can even thumb through the virtual pages!

In between all that, I also got my hair cut & styled yesterday. I haven't had anyone cut my hair since October, 2008. Not because it didn't need it, but because I hate having my hair styled. I've lived in Alabama for over 14 years and haven't yet found someone who can work magic with my hair! Anyway, yesterday I bit the bullet and went to the same stylist that my daughter used. My daughter was very pleased with how the stylist handled her hair, and since Joc has similar hair to me (lots of fine, board-straight hair that cannot hold a curl), I thought I'd be okay. She did a good job, but I'm not sure it's me. It looked pretty enough, but it sure took a lot of work! LOL! Perhaps when I wash, dry and style it on my own, I'll be okay. It does still go back in a clip and a ponytail, so for now I'm good.

This will be a quiet weekend while I keep my leg propped and antibiotics popped! And work on redwork!

TTFN!!

:)