Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Upholstery Sample Inspiration?

Lately I've been in a lot of thrift stores. I hadn't shopped in any for a long time, but I'm glad I started again. It is fun. And now that I like to quilt and sew stuff, there are all kind of different things I can look for.
-
I wasn't exactly looking for these upholstery sample fabrics, but I found them anyway ;-). I got a giant bag for the extreme expenditure of $1.00. I thought it would just be nice to look through them, see if there was anything I wanted, then donate the rest back to another charity store and share the fun.
So these are the ones I saved. I may make some reusable grocery shopping bags with them ... or at least out of the ones that look like the fabric will wash okay (some are a nice cotton/linen blend). I think these fabrics would make some sturdy and snazzy looking bags. They are nicely sized pieces with some as big as a fat quarter or bigger. Or maybe something else will come to mind. Or maybe I'll just let them sit in a drawer for a while, then pass them along to someone else ... as fun as they were to look through, I'd happily trade them all for some pretty quilt fabric.

P.S. Look at those prices!! $235.00 on one sample. Is that for a yard?! (Click the photo to enlarge.) Wow.