Friday, July 9, 2010

happy friday and crazy quilt questions!

My darling husband made and packed a BLT sandwich for my lunch today. He's so thoughtful! A friend of mine had brought over some beautiful tomatoes from the garden on Wednesday, and I'd commented last night that a BLT would be so good. This morning, he just took care of it for me. I'm so glad -- I'd forgotten all about it! He's been so incredibly sweet and patient. I can't wait until I'm healthy and whole again and can get back to taking care of him!!

I've been seeing a lot of blog posts about crazy quilts lately. It's another one of those quilting projects that I've been fascinated by and wanted to try my hands at, almost since I first started quilting. Anyone have any tips, comments, insight on how to start? Perhaps I need to start with what exactly constitutes a crazy quilt. LOL! I've seen lots of pictures . . . I guess a little research is in my weekend's future!

What got my interest going was an entry on Betsy's blog, Quilting Fiesta. She's got a group doing crazy quilt blocks on Friday. Then I saw something else on another blog, and then another, and so on. I'm intrigued and ready!

I've got a longtime friend coming into town this weekend for a wedding, and I'm so excited we get to spend some time together this evening! Yay!

Happy weekend . . . happy quilting!

:)