Monday, July 26, 2010

I Was Done the Top Until ...


... I decided I needed one more row of squares. I have had 63 blocks (8 inch) done for this quilt for a long time and I finally decided to put them together. I had originally been planning on putting a border around them all, and even went so far as to cut and sew some of it, but I soon knew it wouldn't be right. I love the wild energy of this quilt, the I-Spy busyness, and I really didn't want to tame it down with a nice cohesive border. That wouldn't be any fun now, would it? ;-)
-
Each square is different. I'm not sure how many fabrics are in there, but it is a lot. I will need seven more squares. That will give the quilt enough length to go nicely on my son's twin-size bed.
-
I looked through the fabrics I have left and there are enough, I just have to be careful not to repeat anything that is already in the quilt. Many of the fabrics I have used up completely.
But I definitely still have time before Halloween.
-
Thanks for stopping by!