Friday, July 23, 2010

Fun or Fabulous Fabric Friday #8

I've been posting about some second-hand finds lately, so I thought I'd continue the trend with these shirts. They were bought specifically for the fabric. Neither has ever been worn as near as I can tell and the quality of the fabric is wonderful.
-
These shirts are actually pretty tame compared to most of the others I have been buying. I have realised that there is a direct negative correlation between the likelihood that my husband would wear a particular shirt, and the likelihood that I think it will be perfect for quilting. When I told him -- hee, hee -- that I bought him the striped shirt above I believe his comment was "Uh, No." And it is so plain in my mind ... I just bought it because I like the simple orange stripes and nice tiny orange stripes strike me as something that may be hard to find.
-
Anyway, at least I don't have to worry about him claiming a shirt from me after I have my heart set on cutting it up.
-
Happy weekend!