Thursday, July 8, 2010

Auditioning a summer pillow cover

When I started my website back when the dinosaurs roam there wasn't any e-comerce, the websites were just for information. Way back then I had a section called Jan's Notes where once a month I just talked about what was going on - in my quiltworld, with the kids and the farm. Then when blogging came around it turned into a blog.
There is a problem with me and blogging. I don't do it very often first because I don't have time but mostly because I don't have much to say. I am not a historian like Barbara Brackman nor funny like Sandy Gervais or Laurie Simpson. I just love their blogs. And most of my ongoing projects are pretty big, not small and quick like Alma and Barb's or Moda Home Mom. (And I keep things current by posting the latest wallhangings and BOM blocks on the side.) So I finally decided to stop stressing about it and just do what I'd always done.

BUT!!! - this month I do have something somewhat small I can show you. The bed was too bare with just the knot pillowcoverings so I decided to applique a pillow cover that went with Ring Around the Posie.


I thought a basket with the same flowers would look good with the quilt. For the basket I found a remnant of a Gatherings print that seemed to go best with the quilt and say "summer". There was enough of the print to do my pillow cover and make 8 kits. We'll probably do something with them that ties in with buying a Posie kit since there are so few. More on that later.
What I'm trying to decide now is whether to use red or green for the binding (no ruffle, just binding) and whether to put a star in the upper left corner. There is a star in the center flower of each block. It would look good, I think, but on the other hand I like the uncluttered simplicity the way it is. Decisions, decisions.
I welcome your comments and we'll do a drawing Monday for a Remembrance Turnover. I used a lot of Turnovers in the patterns that will come out this fall.
Can't wait to see what you think.
Oh, and to answer questions about the chair. It's an Aeron chair (I think I spelled that right) and it's construction is supposed to relieve the pressure on you while sitting. It really works. I'm still a little stiff when I get up but I can stand and walk. Until I got this chair, that wasn't always possible without tears. You can google it here www.hermanmiller.com/Products/Aeron-Chairs