Friday, July 16, 2010

charmed, i'm sure . . . !

I don't usually blog twice in one day, but today I'll make an exception for several reasons.

The first is because I can't do what I *was* doing any longer, which was redwork! Yes, I've almost finished my first little redwork Sawyer, and I'll share a picture of him tomorrow. That is, *if* the power comes back on any time soon and I can see what I'm doing!

Backstitching by candlelight is not my thing . . .


The second reason is because I came across a novel idea in several of the blogs to which I subscribe. It's called the Charming Girls' Quilt Club, and it's hosted by Kelly, at Cotton Charm Quilts. You'll actually find it on her blog, Charming Chatter.

She sets up bi-monthly themes, and members post their goals toward this mark, share them on her blog, and encourage each other through the months! It's really a splendid idea, and I feel fortunate to have been included [whispering: because I was a tad late]!

So. The theme for July/August is:

This is a little ironic to me, because I've been receiving a lot of attention over the past two months, due to an accident which left me (temporarily) unable to walk or drive or do a lot of things that I took for granted prior to this! And it's been hard to be "taken care of" so much; I feel a little guilty and frustrated.

Well, now, if that's not fodder for Goal 1, I don't know what is!

#1: To accept that things are the way they are, and to graciously accept the help of others.

#2: To ensure that birthday and anniversary cards are sent out in a timely manner, as well as thank you notes!

#3: To continue to withstand the call of the vending machine at work. It's been three months since I last fed that stinker any money, and I'd like to keep it that way! (There's absolutely nothing healthy in it!)

#4: To put the final touches on Sawyer's quilt and get it to him and his mommy!

#5: To finish the redwork squares (there are 10) that I started today. I think this is within the range of possibility. I like having handwork to do in the evenings!

#6: To work on the degree of motion in my foot. It's currently at about 20 degrees; I'd like to get it up to 50-60 degrees before I start physical therapy next month!

#7: To organize (or at least develop a plan by which to organize) my quilting area in the RV to make it more user-friendly. Clutter is very discouraging to me!

There. A lucky seven. I don't want to over do it my first go 'round! Most of my goals are 'self-care' oriented, but some of them are quilt-project oriented, which is okay. One of them is both!

Deep breath. These are healthy, positive goals, and this is do-able!

:)