Friday, July 2, 2010

Fun or Fabulous Fabric Friday #5

Today for Fun or Fabulous Fabric Friday I thought I'd talk about my favourite quilty shopping destination: Marden's, in Calais, Maine. Local quilters know all about Marden's and many drive, like me, across the US border for some bargain fabric treasure hunting.

These photos are from last weekend.

Marden's is a surplus and salvage store, so the prices are amazing. The quality is also amazing with lots and lots of designer names mixed in.

I've found Kaffe Fassett, Denyse Schmidt, Jennifer Paganelli, Moda, Michael Miller, Henry Glass, Alexander Henry, Prints Charming by Marcus Brothers (love this fabric, so soft), Joel Dewberry, Thimbleberries, Valori Wells, Tina Givens, etc.

Anyway, I'm just mentioning this in case any of you are travelling through Maine this summer and were unaware of Marden's. There are several locations throughout the state, so if you click here for more info, maybe you will find you are driving right by a store. I would recommend a stop to all my quilty friends.
-
P.S. -- I have no connection with Marden's other than being a shopper there. This is just my opinion, but I think if you asked other quilters around here, they'd agree that it's a fun destination.
-
Another P.S. -- I bought the rest of the bolt of that Flea Market Fancy in the first photo. (And no, I didn't see any other fabric from the FMF line there.) So now I have more to use for future giveaways here on the blog. Yay!