Sunday, July 18, 2010

among other things . . .

Today is happy ice cream day!! Whoohoo! Actually, in 1984, President Ronald Reagan declared July National Ice Cream Month, and the third Sunday in July as National Ice Cream Day! I knew there was a reason I liked that guy!
Baskin-Robbins, the original "31 Flavors", is celebrating the 'holiday' by retiring five of their less-favored flavors and replacing them with brand new flavors. The retiring flavors are Apple Pie a la Mode, Superfudge Truffle, Campfire S'mores, Caramel Praline Cheesecake, and French Vanilla. No word on the new flavors.

So, in honor of the occasion, sound off on ice cream! What's your favorite way to eat ice cream? In a bowl, in a sundae, on a cone, or out of the carton?!?! Do you buy it in the store, from a specialty shop, or make it homemade? What's you favorite flavor??

My current favorite flavor is Nutty Buddy. YUM!! I pick it up at my local Publix -- Purity brand -- and I eat it out of the bowl, generally speaking. Sometimes with a little whipped cream on top!
**
We do have a little hand crank, no salt needed, 4-serving ice cream maker. It's fun and I've got the tub in the freezer, cold and ready, so that perhaps I can make a little sumpin' as a nod to the day!

Celebrate -- have a scoop (or two or three)!! I scream, you scream, we *all* scream for ICE CREAM!!

:)

**photo courtesy of Purity Dairies