Thursday, December 9, 2010

sixteen days of Christmas . . .


I was at work today when my darling husband posted on his facebook that my stocking already had something in it . . . so I knew that coming home from work this afternoon would not be run-of-the-mill. I'd had to run some errands, so it was near dusk before I pulled up the drive. I was really hoping that he'd turn on the outside Christmas lights, so I'd be greeted by them, and he didn't disappoint! Though I was a little confused as I pulled into our spot; I could see the colored lights on both sides of the RV . . . it was rather odd that the front lights were reflecting in the back window.

He came out to the car to see if I needed help bringing things in, and allowed me to go up the steps into the RV first. To my delight, the whole back wall of the RV--around the picture window and the slideout--was decked out in colored Christmas lights! What a wonderful, thoughtful man I've got!

Then he told me that today started the sixteen days of Christmas . . . and that my stocking held just a little something. So (queue music), on the first of our sixteen days of Christmas my true love gave to me, thin mints and Russel Stover candies. :)

After dinner, we put the fire in the dvd player . . .

turned on the Christmas music . . .

and decorated our little Christmas tree!

When I sorted through our Christmas ornaments before moving to the RV, I made sure that the ones we kept had significant meaning behind them. As we put them on the tree tonight, we were able to identify where/why we'd gotten each ornament. Pretty special!

And quite beautiful, too.

Fa la la la la, la la la la!

:)