Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Two Reasons I Like Blogging

There are lots and lots of reasons why I like blogging, but here are two of them.
-
1. There are chances to participate in fun initiatives like block gathers. Exhibit A is above. It's my house block for Beth over at Love Laugh Quilt. She had the great idea to request blocks from fellow quilt bloggers worldwide. She will then group the blocks into little mini neighborhoods and draw names for a few lucky winners. The neighbourhoods will be enough blocks to make a quilt. I definitely have my fingers crossed!
-
My house is above. Just to perpetuate the myth that we're up here in the snow all the time I made a snowy scene for my block ;-). I also thought it would be fun to add a Canadian flag. It is huge, isn't it? I'm in the window of the house and my car is in the garage. Those are Halloween fabrics on the roof. It was fun to make and Beth's still taking blocks if you'd like to join in. Just click here for the details.
2. The kindness of strangers who volunteer to send you stuff! Exhibit B is the selvages above and below.

These are from Michelle who blogs at Michelle's Musings. I must say she has fabulous taste in fabric! It was just like Christmas yesterday when I opened my package from her. There were even more selvages too. I just photographed some of my favourites. The orange ones I'm going to save for my second attempt at a Selvage O'Lantern quilt next year. Many of the others will of course go in the Selvage Snowman. Thank you Michelle!
-
Happy Quilting!