Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas in Quispamsis

Just a little non-quilty post today, but I'd like to share the Christmas light display put on by our town each year. It fills the park right alongside our town hall. It is turned on each night for the whole month of December. It is 100% child-oriented and my kids were thrilled to go last night and run along the pathways looking at the lights.
A pirate ship. There are large teddy bears dressed as pirates riding the ship.

A big present and in the far distance you can see the castle that marks the entry to the park.

A little gingerbread house. There is a plexiglass door and a little display inside the house. Elsewhere there was also a train with plexiglass in the caboose and a little display.

A long shot. That is a T-Rex in the foreground. The arched cover is for concerts and movies in the summertime. In front of it you can see the town's outdoor skating rink which is lovely.

A pair of giraffes. There was also a fully lit set of reindeer with Rudolph and his red nose in the lead. The kids were so excited running around, I only got to photograph a few parts of the display.
A large tree near the entrance to the display and the skating rink and side of town hall in the distance.
-
I'll be back again in a few days with my selvage snowman quilt top. It's very close to being done. I am actually working on a few *secret* finishes that I can't show here until after Christmas so I have been slow finishing my snowman, but if I do say so myself he is super cute and I can't wait to get him done!
-
Hope all your Christmas preparations are going well!