Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hello, My Dear Quilting Friends,





 Stopping in to say our family had a wonderful Christmas.  Yet we did have a situation where the morning of Christmas, where we were all going to meet, which was my parents home...we found out that most of the family had come down ill.  With soar throats, coughs, and everyone ended up wearing a mask.  Almost everyone.  I did.    The food was great.  My daughter did most of the work.  She and I split the cost of the food... and it worked out great.  
I did all of my shopping online this year.  Something I never did before...and I have to say it was great.  Everything came in , and in good shape too!   Then everything fit everyone. ( How great is that!)    I finished a quilt for my daughter and her hubby.   I stepped out of my box and quilted with gold shiny thread around the out side of the trees.   It worked out just perfect, and so happy I did this.   As for the binding.  I was not sure of what color I wanted.  Ended up using white, and that too really worked so well for the quilt.   
I saw her face when she opened it....and that told me she loved the quilt.   I felt so pleased.   
Burrrrrrrr,....... cold everywhere, and here in Fla. too!    As for what I got from Santa and from hubby, I must say I really am so pleased.   I got a Kitchen aid mixer, that I have wanted most of my days.  Well, I got it...and with my grandson JJ, we made chocolate chip cookies.  How fun that was.    
After the New Year, I guess hubby will take down the tree, and we will get all things put away.  I always get sad, yet then after it is all away.... it feels so good too to have the home back to normal.  
Starting a new project today.... something very wanted by me... its for our bed.   






Have a wonderful Day!    Hugs Morgan