Monday, December 27, 2010

Secrets Revealed!

Pretty tantalising blog post title, eh? Definitely National Enquirer style. No, I haven't discovered a way to magically erase wrinkles, I'm just going to show the pillowcases I made as Christmas gifts. But if you're not too disappointed, since you're here, why not have a peek?
Some little musical mice and dancing elves. My son picked out this fabric.
This one was for my Dad. It is my favourite. My parents like birds.
A pair with guitars.
For a little guy in kindergarten.
My Mom's pillowcase. A couple of birds got beheaded in the cuff. Oh well.
I made three of this version, for my son and two nephews who like space. The main fabric is Supernova by RJR Fabrics and it is a 2010 fabric. The trim fabric is an out-of-print fabric called Rocket Scientist. I really like how these ones turned out.
For a little guy who plays soccer and likes green.
Just a little space fabric on this one.
For my husband. I also made him a quilt for Christmas which I will try to get photographed and show before the New Year. (Since it is my last official quilt of 2010) The quilt was my biggest sewing secret! And it really was a total surprise for him.
These old Santas jumped onto my daughter's Christmas quilt for a quick picture before it went on her bed on Christmas Eve.
And, just for fun, here's a pic of our Elf on the Shelf. He's a vintage elf from my collection of old Christmas decorations. We had a lot of fun watching him move around our house.
-
Happy Sewing!