Wednesday, December 15, 2010

party all the time . . .

Yesterday was a day of partying! First, the Madison Baptist Association had their seasonal open house. All different churches linked to the association brought finger foods, and then the doors were open at ten o'clock for folks to come by and do a little meet, greet, and eat!

The office was all decked out with a tree and a beautiful nativity.

Before the party started, all the staff -- both paid and volunteer -- got together for a group picture:

I hung out for a bit, but then I had to head back to work. Todd stayed for a little longer. I was so impressed with all the people he knew (and that knew him)! He's really been 'working the crowd over the past six months!

After work, I headed to our Stitcher's Group Christmas party. Our hostess, Karen, has the most beautiful home, and it was really decked out for Christmas!

When I got there, most everyone who was going to be there had already arrived and were chatting it up.

The party was a potluck, and the table was filled with lots of yummy dinner dishes . . .

And a whole 'nother table filled with sweets!

Luckily, I hit this table behind a 'portion conscious' lady, and she cut everything she took in half, and left the other half. Which I promptly picked up!!

After dinner, we did a Christmas show & tell. I showed off my almost-complete table topper. All of the projects that were shown off were simply gorgeous!! From show & tell, we did an ornament exchange. We were to each bring an ornament wrapped in a fat quarter.

I think most of us chose which package we were going to pick based on the fat quarter!! Such quilters we all are!

Our guild's Christmas meeting is tomorrow night, and then on Friday night, Todd and I are headed to our choir Christmas party. Tonight, though, we're tucked in safe and cozy. And considering the icy conditions, I think that plan worked out perfectly!!

:)