Monday, December 13, 2010

design wall woes . . . winter wonderland

We woke up to a pretty dusting of snow this morning! Even the bird chatter was hushed this morning. The view looked suspiciously like something out of a Robert Frost poem. Very beautiful.



I love the view from the road down to the lower pond; you can just see where the pond is beginning to freeze up along the bank line. It's no wonder, with temps in the teens, and a wind chill factor near zero. We may be Alabama, but it's definitely NORTH Alabama!


Both the paved road and the gravel road were covered this morning. I took the paved road down, because I wanted to catch the picture of the pond, but generally speaking, it's a smarter bet to take the gravel road when it's slick like this!

I don't have anything new on my design wall; I did get my Christmas table topper sandwiched and pin basted, but I didn't have time to do anything with it over the weekend. It was a busy weekend!

I do have the owl fabric, for Everett's nursery, washed and ready to do something with! This is the cutest fabric . . .

The green will be curtains, the white with the owls in the circles will be bumper pads, and then the brown with the owl panels will be his little quilt!'

These owls have a LOT of personality!

She also got a large panel with some smaller panels on it, to cut up and frame . . .

Cute, cute, CUTE!!

This will be a fun set to work and play with . . . after Christmas! Then you'll see it up on my design wall, okay?

Check out the folks who do have stuff on their design walls this morning by visiting Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times. Lots and lots of inspiring stuff out there!

For today, I'll be playing with this delicious creature . . .

My Sawyer bug-a-boo!! We've got a full day ahead, so I'd better get to it!!

Happy Monday from snowy, blowy Alabama!

:)