Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Final Quilt Finish of 2010

This is my No Rhyme Nor Reason quilt. I love how it turned out. I do not love these photos of it (I think the clouds raced in the second I got out of the car with my camera). But I really wanted to post about it before the end of the year. Anyway, take my word for it, the quilt is about 100 times more vibrant "in person."
I made this quilt for my husband for Christmas. Somehow even the kids kept it secret from him! I had made the squares earlier in the year, but they had been packed away until I decided to put it all together in mid-December. It is for our queen-sized bed. I think my Yeti-sized Selvage Snowman quilt top may be slightly larger than this one, but otherwise it's the biggest quilt I've made.
-
It's the first time I've used sashing in a quilt because these squares were just so wild and busy they really needed to be separated. I won't be rushing to use sashing again any time soon. In my opinion, sashing is just another thing for me to accidentally get crooked.

This quilt has pretty much every fabric from my stash in it. There are lots of fun squares in it for the kids to find. It works a little as an I-Spy quilt.
-
It is my own design. The tutorial I wrote to make the blocks for this quilt is here.

So I'll see you in 2011. Wow! Thanks so much to everyone who has stopped by and said 'Hi' in 2010. Happy New Year!