Sunday, April 4, 2010

paisleys and stripes and flowers...oh MY!

So. Waaaaay back in March, Monday the twenty-second, to be exact, I showed you a bunch of lovely ties I purchased to make tie-dyed eggs. Remember? And then, on a roll, the very NEXT day, I pictured the process of cutting up the tie and wrapping the egg! Only I couldn't go any further, because I didn't have any white vinegar. So into the fridge went the tie-wrapped egg. And it sat there. For a while. Because I kept forgetting to get vinegar, and life was happening!

Yesterday, when we went to Hunter Road to put things in order, guess what I had there? WHITE VINEGAR! So guess what I came home and did?!?!?

I didn't take the care in unpiecing the ties this time. Snap, pull, and rip. Fast and easy.

Glad I re-read the directions; wrapping them in the white cloth after they're tie-wrapped is crucial to the process!

Into the saucepan for you, my lovelies!

Draining and cooling . . .

Aren't they beautiful?? Remember that ugly old green and orange tie? It made the most splendiferous egg!

Pastels are not as vivid on the hard-boiled eggs as bolder colors, but they're still quite pretty and delicate. I *love* the way the flowers turned out! Pretty nifty, huh? If you want to try them for yourself, check out the directions HERE at Our Best Bites. Ummm. I won't want to eat these! I'll want to gaze at them for longer than I should!

Here was our happy Easter dinner! This was the first time in fourteen years that I've not done a full blown Easter dinner. I had to scale way back. But I think we did good! Lamb chops grilled with garlic & rosemary, au gratin potatoes, green beans, yeast rolls, deviled eggs (NOT made with my designer eggs--I boiled two extra for our dinner. LOL!), and I made us each a Jell-O jiggler egg, with sugar-free jello. Then I cut them in half and topped them with whipped topping, so they looked like deviled eggs (sorta)! It was fun!

After our Sunday afternoon nap, we had cheesecake and coffee. All in all, a lovely celebratory day!

Again, Happy Easter!

:)