Friday, April 30, 2010

Grasshopper in my Garden

I've kept this quite for a long time, and it's so nice to finally be able to share...


About 2 years ago I received an email from Kathreen Ricketson, whom many of you are familiar with from her popular blog Whip Up. She wanted to know if I would like to contribute to a book she was writing on mini quilts. After what seemed like forever, (takes a long time and a lot of work to put a book together) I am happy to say that it is finally in print!

Here's my little contribution... An embroidered mini quilt titled "Grasshopper in my Garden".






Now, those of you who visit Kathreen over at Whip Up, no doubt already know about the book, as all month long she has been featuring mini quilts on her blog in honor of her new book.


I was waiting until I received my copy of the book before sharing the news here on my blog... It came yesterday, and I am delighted to say that it's really lovely. Kathreen did a super job compiling lots of helpful information along with a wide range of projects from many talented artists, many of which I know you will be very familiar with.

I especially like that it has a spiral binding, so it lays nice and flat, and there's a pocket which holds all the patterns. Artistically, the layout is lovely, with beautiful photographs and super illustrations. This is a terrific book, and I hope you'll all be sure to check it out!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Many thanks to everyone for your kind comments regarding my new Remnant work. I truly appreciate it.


Sometimes I am so afraid that no one will get what I am trying to do, and then when I receive so many thoughtful words of encouragement... it means so much.


The first 2 Remnant pieces sold very quickly, and I have just listed the 3rd in this series, shown here, here in my shop. I hope to post more later this week.


Have a great weekend Everyone!