Saturday, April 3, 2010

Romans 8:22-23 . . .

For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now. And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body.

I had a hard time finding a picture of a sealed tomb. There are plenty of pictures of the "stone rolled away," but that's not today. Today is the day that the tomb was sealed. The day creation held its breath. The day the disciples despaired. The day after the Crucifixion and the day before the Resurrection.

A day of waiting, pondering and reflecting.

As the storm clouds moved in this morning, bringing rain, thunder and lightning, I couldn't help but be reminded of Romans 8:22; that all of creation groans in anticipation of its Creator.

Today I will also wait, ponder and reflect. But not in uncertainty. Not with anxiety. And certainly not with despair.

I will reflect with awe and wonder!

I will ponder with a peace that passes all understanding!

I will wait with joyful expectation!

For I know, my Redeemer lives!

:)