Wednesday, April 7, 2010

a different kind of playing . . .

So today at work, I'm getting to do something I enjoy most . . . design work! I love to work with customers and help them pick out a concept, then draw it for them!

Today I had a really nice couple come in who want a pedestrian gate for their wood fence. She wants it very ornate and full of scrolls, but not overdone. This is what we came up with:

Below is the same gate, only filled, so you have the idea of what it will look like when it's powder coated and installed!

Pretty nifty, huh?! This is one of my favorite ways to spend the working day. That and the graphic part; creating brochures and playing with pictures and text. I think that may be why I enjoy blogging so much! The majority of my job is made up of payroll and accounts payable and receivable, and I'm very good at what I do, but it's not my preference. I really enjoy exercising my right brain over my left brain!

Perhaps it's why quilting appeals to me? I'm good at the math part, the precision part (if I *have* to be), but I like the creative part best! Coming up with the design, finding the perfect fabrics, determining the manner in which to quilt a project . . . all yummy stuff!

:)