Monday, April 5, 2010

10 Days and Back Home....aww So Wonderful to be Home!


Hello all!
Just a quick check in... Just this evening I arrived back, home. It has been a long 10 days down at my parent’s home. At first, it was difficult... with my mom. She does not like things to change at all.

Days of trying to get her bad mood better over her breaking her ankle and leg. Yet as each day went to the next...I pointed out how she will get through all of this, and to be grateful too, as she could have been going to a nursing home, as they felt dad would not be able to care for her. That is why I am here mom, I would try to tell her, to help dad, and to help her. Finally, though, she did see things differently and we still have many more weeks of this. The worse part of it is over....and she is doing rather well now.
I felt I could go home for a break.
I feel so happy myself to be back home. Home is where your stuff is. I will be going down to help every other day. Mom did come along fine as we finally had her see, she needed to help us. Once she found she could pull herself up with a walker, and get from one spot to another really on her own, with my dad or I as spotters...so she would not fall... it all got so much easier. I will let my dad have a break every other day. I needed to come home after the 10 days. It was all day and all night stuff... and sad to say never once did I get to do any quilting.

I do plan though to change that on my days off here...and then when I am down there...with my parents I will give them all the help I can.
I miss you all.

One of my dear friends, Barb lost her dad last evening...Easter... and my prayers go out and up for her and her family. She had a wonderful dad. I loved hearing of all he did helping others. He has been sent home... and no longer will be in pain, and he shall be happy once again.

I do wish all of you lots of fun quilting away! I shall post every other day with some progress of my quilt I am trying to make.
Hugs Morgan