Tuesday, April 13, 2010

One by One

One by one, I am adding new items to my shop.

This stitched, patched and quilted Table Runner...


Made from the Japanese striped "Yukata" fabric that I showed in an earlier post, and bounded and patched with my beloved shot cottons.


I think it would be very well suited for either a modern home, or a rural country home...


More of these are in the works.

Also, just added to the shop are these two Hip Pockets...

I made one in a small size...


and one in a large size...


The large size not only carries more but is perfect for sticking your hand into when you don't know what else to do with it... I don't know about you, but when I am around a lot of people, my hands sometimes get shy and just like a good place to go and hide. (Esmeralda, my trusty model friend of nearly 30 years, does not have this problem.)

I decided that the pockets would be a great way to use up some of my vintage barkcloth stash.






(The pocket flap lays nice and flat... I just popped it open for the photo.)


Esmeralda, who always thinks on her toes, (well if she had them she would) had the great idea of also knotting the 'apron strings' and wearing the pocket like a shoulder bag. That Esmerelda really has a good head on her shoulders!


... Well, lets just say that she has a good head for someone who has no head.


(She's a bit sensitive about the whole body part thing, you know.)

More Hip Pockets are also in the works... till then have a great week!