Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hello to my Quilting Buddies





Hello to my Quilting Buddies,

Here again I have been away from computer, and this month is just flying by. I have been still busy with caring for my mom, (who has come very far) yet not happy to still be wearing a cast. I see her moody moods...and when I am worn out... it only adds stress to me. My mom has not made it too easy for my dad or me. It’s about her ways of not having anything changed. She forgets too more than she use to... and gets confused over many things. In other words she has been difficult. Its very hard on my dad.

I met a new doctor who is located 2 hours away from home...who told me that my lungs have gotten worse since last year. I only have 40 percent of lung usage... that is counting the two lungs together. Last year I had a 60 percent... therefore there is so many new things I am trying to change... and I have been extremely worn out from all the driving lately to doctors, to my parents, and yesterday was my Birthday! I was so worn out... I never even got my computer out. I just lay in bed, napping, and watching movies. I did not want to go anywhere. I had a very nice Birthday all alone... and rested up some.

I do want to thank everyone for my Birthday Wishes. I was very touched by them and in all I received. Many, many sweet friends I have met.

My life is so full of doctors and my mom’s situation... that for one month now... I have not been able to do anything, meaning quilting, or anything for myself... Very upsetting to me. I explain to the family, I just cannot do so much anymore. I guess they do not take my problem as serious anymore. As they just keep asking me to do so much.

Yet it is serious. Therefore, I am saying” NO”... and I will feel bad. I have done so much, and happy I helped. Yet I have done as much as I can do. Its time my brother and family help out more than they have.

I will only go to the parents once a week to do all the wash. If I feel up to it. I just need to get back to what I need for myself. Once again, I have to change the food I eat, and many different things.

A couple of days ago, I had to go to do some paper work.....for my lawyer... and my sweet daughter –in – law drove with me as it was an hour away. We had actually a fun day... as everything went so smoothly. We stopped for lunch... and then we went to the new quilt shop I had found. The last time I was there, I got a call my mom had broken her leg. (This time I enjoyed it much better... as I figured there would not be any bad calls.) I am going to sign up for a class once a week..., as I need this.

I am still down, grim, and worn to a frazzle. Yet I know I will feel better soon. So just be patient with me. I know too that God is helping me here. I have to adjust to so many new ways... and it is necessary so I can breathe better. I will never get better with these lungs...yet there are ways to improve my life... and breathing. I find this to be good news. I have never much liked change either... yet I am ready to do these new things my doctor has asked me to do. I know soon things will be smoother, easier, and I will be much happier.

It has been very difficult, and very hard to help with my mom’s broken leg. Many other factors enter into this... of which I am not going to go into. It just has been so hard on me.

Today has been a rather wonderful day, even if my body is so tired out... I finally got to work on some quilting... and it just has made me so happy. See... I will be just fine!

Hope all of you are having fun... piecing, cutting, and playing with all your projects! Thanks again too for all of my wonderful Birthday Wishes!

Hugs Morgan