Monday, April 12, 2010

Renovations

Hee, hee ... so this evening I knocked a few bricks off the bottom of a tower and busted some out of the middle to make room for an awning over the entry. I am quite pleased with how that yellow Michael Miller fabric looks above the Jennifer Paganelli door. I think they both have a type of elegance about them that a castle deserves. I am wondering if something can be elegant, whimsical, mod and childlike all at the same time? Who knows, but that is the look I guess I'm going for. As long as my 2-year-old daughter and I like the finished quilt that is all that matters. Speaking of us, notice us up there in the very top window. It's little details like that which make this fun for me, and balance out all the frustration of figuring out how to sew what to what (the angle of that awning drove me crazy, but I have seen other people's quilts made with about a million gorgeous angles everywhere). Oh, and yes, things do look crooked in the picture, as sections aren't sewn together yet and are just laying there for now. And the colours definitely look better "in person." It is nice to have a picture to look at though, to really get a good perspective. That tower on the left is either too tall or not tall enough ... hmmm.