Saturday, April 10, 2010

I know . . .

. . . I said yesterday that I wouldn't use this blog as a forum for new lifestyle. But hey, it's *what* *I'm* *doing*! And you know how when you start something like this, it pretty much occupies your thinking for a while? That's where I am.

My MM (mighty man) is so encouraging and willing to do whatever it takes -- even going through these next two weeks without pasta/starches/whatever--to make life easier on me! Isn't he sweet? We sat down over breakfast this morning and planned out our menu for the next week, and then I made out my grocery list and hit the store. I believe this is doable, although I can see that there is going to be struggle with the sugar/bread thing.

When I got to the checkout at the grocery store, chocolate was ALL over the place! It was beckoning, calling, whispering my name!!! And before I could even consider it, a picture of my precious Sawyer popped into my head. I got to babysit him last night, and I was thinking of how important lifestyle change was, if I was going to be grandma to him for a very long, long time. Who needs chocolate? I've got my Sawyer!

Todd & I took a long walk/hike through the woods and over the streams this afternoon. I'm finding such wonderful treasures as natures blooms and grows! It's breathtaking. No, I mean literally, as I hike all over creation, I'm huffing and puffing, trying to catch my breath! LOL! This too shall pass!

Ah, and thank you kindly for all the supportive comments and e-mails over the past couple of days. It's so encouraging to know I'm not going the battle alone. I believe it really does make a powerful difference.

Cheerio!

:)