Saturday, April 24, 2010

Seasonally Inappropriate




Sometimes my husband and I joke that our two-year-old daughter only likes to dress seasonally inappropriately. She chooses her own clothes each day and often has to be coaxed out of a pair of shorts or summer skirt into long pants (it is still quite chilly here). Maybe it is all my fault. I mean, look, here I am making more of these Halloween blocks in April.
-
But I can't help myself. It's fun. And I must say that going back to making more of these squares is a perfect change of pace after finishing all the free-piecing on the Princess Castle quilt. These Halloween blocks are very straightforward and I can work on several, assembly-line style, at a time.
-
Each one is an eight-inch block. Each has a fussy cut center and one or more borders. I am not sure exactly how many I need in total yet. At least 56, probably more. I have 21 done now. They will all be different, to make this quilt as wonderfully I-Spyish as possible.