Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Selvage Snowman Saga: Making Headway

Just a quick photo post to let you see the tiny bit more I got done. I'm hoping for some sewing time this weekend. The snowman is starting to get more challenging and interesting to work on now ... So what do those LOOK (hint, hint) like in the photo above ? ...
Leftover fabric from my Selvage O'Lantern quilt will be making up the carrot nose ...
Lots of small bits ...
Not eyes this time ...
Eyes, nose and mouth ...
My method is to build these parts up with selvages to get nice squares or rectangles that are easy to sew together. The nose may be a little tricky, but the mouth and eyes are easy ... there will be no corncob pipe, but there will be a hat and scarf. I saved my black selvages for a top hat and my red ones for a scarf.
-
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating today south of the border! And as always, Happy Quilting!