Friday, November 19, 2010

The Selvage Snowman Saga: Still Rolling Along

I'm still having lots of fun working on my Selvage Snowman! No frustrations yet, knock, knock. The bottom snowball is about 20 inches wide now and is probably almost done. Things were getting a bit uneven and skewed as it rolled bigger (just like a real snowball sometimes, right?) so I was careful with the spacing of the last few rows of selvages, making adjustments when necessary, and things got much better.
-
As you can see, I've started the middle snowball too. It will be just slightly smaller than the bottom one probably.
Here's the bigger one close up.

And the smaller.

Now, look at this pile of selvage treats. The fabulous Kelly of Pinkadot Quilts volunteered to send me "some" selvages ... well, little did I know that "some" selvages would mean this wonderful huge assortment of Christmas fabric selvages!!! She's totally the selvage Santa!!! And she sent some fabric too. See that snowman print? I'll be using some in the border of this quilt! Anyway, Kelly makes great stuff. Surf on over and say "Hi!"

Just for fun, I thought I'd show my couch. You know, black couches and lots of loose thread strings everywhere go so well together ;-) ... This couch is in my home office/wannabe sewing room. I work from home, but lately I've been staying out of my office and working up at the dining room table, so I'm not tempted by these selvages ... or by the pink squares that are lying on the floor there ... or by the plastic cabinets full of fabric ... or ... you get the idea ...
-
Happy Quilting!