Monday, November 29, 2010

design WALL monday ... no really!

Yay! I finally have a true, vertical design wall! You know, when you live in an RV, finding space for a design wall is a BIG luxury. I finally had the presence of mind to purchase a flannel-backed vinyl tablecloth. I folded it in half and tucked it under the mattress of the top bunk, back in our dual sewing room/office. Perfect!

This week, the Sawyer redwork squares are back up on the design wall:

Because I think I found the perfect fabric to use in the nine-patch blocks that will balance out the redwork squares . . .

It's fit what I wanted *perfectly*!! It's good the dark blue, with a little light blue thrown in, and enough red to accentuate the redwork. Score me! The stars were a perfect touch.

I'm also working on some cute tea towels to use as hostess gifts through the Christmas party season. I haven't quite finished with this one, but you get the idea . . .

One of our local WalMarts has totally re-designed, and in doing so they did away with their traditional sewing/fabric department. In doing so, they had all of their buttons on sale for 50¢ a set! I thought the different sized button looked kind of fun!

And lastly, just a little sneak-peak here . . .

That's all you're getting on this one. Suffice it to say, it is part tea towel!

Loads of great stuff being created out there this happy Monday . . . check it out for yourself by visiting Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times!

As for me? Sawyer and I have a busy day ahead. Beef stew going in the pot, and Finding Nemo is my...er, OUR movie of the day!

Make it a good day -- create!

:)