Monday, November 22, 2010

design mattress monday . . .

Yay! I laid out my hexagons to see how it's looking and what I needed to do next. I love the splash of colors! They are so bright and pretty.

I think I need to do at least one more row with my taupe solid on the outside, like the second row (from the left, below).

Some of those blocks are still unsewn triangles. I'm getting there, though! It needs two more rows of hexagons overall, and then it'll be ready-freddy!

Don't forget to head over to Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times to see what folks have on their design *whatevers* this week!

In non-quilting life, check out this picture:

Can you figure it out? It's an upside down picture. The trees and sky are actually the reflection from the pond. That's why there are leaves and grass above blue sky. I love pond reflections; they captivate me!

Todd and I took a minnow mission trip yesterday afternoon. We didn't get a humongous catch, but we did get a humongous minnow . . .

I think that it may be the Hulk Hogan of minnows!

Yesterday morning, this dapper fellow joined us for breakfast. We were having eggs, bacon and banana muffins. He was having pecans.

He's well-camouflaged, isn't he? I think the only reason I caught him was because he kept racing down the tree to get another pecan. He was a fatty!

Have a glorious day--I know I will. I'm off to spend time with my grandbaby!

:)