Sunday, November 14, 2010

Lots and Lots and Lots of Pink Squares

I'm making my daughter a quilt for Christmas. She's three and this is probably the last Christmas she'll be in her toddler bed (Waahhhh. Sniff. Sniff) so it's my last chance to make her a nice small quilt for it. I've decided to make a pretty and oh-so-girly patchwork quilt of all pink squares. I have basically cut 5 inch squares from every pink fabric in my stash and scrap bin. I was also fortunate to have received about 30 good pink squares for this from a swap.
-
I need 140 squares I think and I already have more than enough cut with tons of variety. I have been cutting a few now and then over the last couple of weeks whenever I had a few spare minutes.
There are lots of flowers.

I love that Moda "Love" fabric.
And I also had lots of fun novelty prints.
-
I am keen to get these arranged and sewn up. It is tempting to start by chain piecing them, but I really want to choose the place of every single square so I'll likely lay them all out first. There's certainly lots of time until Christmas.
-
Happy Quilting!