Tuesday, November 30, 2010

'Monogrammed' Pillowcase

I've mentioned here before that this year I'm making pillowcases as Christmas gifts. Well, the completed count is at a grand total of 2. I just finished the one above yesterday. I wanted to personalise it, but I calmed down a little from my previous and too fancy design and I still ended up with something I'm really happy with.
It's 'monogrammed' as you can see. I asked my son what the 'M' might stand for and he said Mommy ;-) ... the actual 'M' who this pillowcase is going to is my niece Molly.

Music is a big part of my brother's (Molly's Dad) life, so I thought this fabric would be just perfect. It's an older out-of-print Alexander Henry fabric. The pink fabric is a Moda fabric called Love. The turquoise dots are Sherri Berry.

And the letter is from this panel from the out-of-print Peas and Carrots line by American Jane for Moda. I was fortunate to pick this up recently at a local flea market when a lady was having a fabric sale.
-
I'm participating in Fabric Tuesday. Just click here if you'd like to see lots more lovely items made from fabric by other bloggers!
-
Thanks for stopping by!