Friday, November 19, 2010

gettin' excited . . . !

What a great night last night! The speaker, author Irene Latham, was simply wonderful. She was very charming and engaging, and kept us laughing. I love a good book, and am particularly susceptible to books that are historical fiction and involve quilting. So I bought a copy!! And she signed it with a wonderful inscription. I went home last night from the meeting and started reading! Check out Irene's website!

They introduced a "Mystery Quilt" project at last night's guild meeting, too. I've never done one, and it sounds like fun. We got the fabric requirements last night. Evidently, in honor of 2011, the quilt calls for 11 different fabrics. Fun stuff!!

Between work and meeting up before the guild meeting, I had a little time to spare. There was a bookstore nearby, so I made a little sidetrip down the aisles and found this:

Yay!! It was really cool to go through the pages and see the names of people that I'm familiar with, like Julie Herman, Bonnie Hunter (who will be our guild's guest speaker in May), Karen Combs (who will be our guild's guest speaker in September), and Judy Laquidara! And it's full of wonderful blocks. I'm so glad I picked it up last night!! Definitely worth it.

While at that same bookstore, I checked out the Christmas DVD's and found this little gem, which I don't have. 'Scuse me, which I didn't have. :)


And then finally, remember that brown paper mystery package that was waiting for me yesterday?? The mystery is solved!! It was from my darling cousin, Dawn, in West Virginia!

Homemade apple butter -- YUM!!! Thank you, Dawn!!!

Don't forget tonight's the Friday Night Sew-in -- I cannot wait!

:)