Monday, November 15, 2010

design wall monday; slow but steady . . .

C'est la vie. I didn't get as far as I had hoped on my quilting projects this week, but I did make some progress -- and I got to sew, so I'm happy!

One nice thing? I got the room organized so that Todd and I can both be at our respective tables at the same time. We actually spent yesterday evening together in the bunkroom; him at his desk on the laptop, and me at my table with the sewing machine! It was quite lovely.

It was Todd who suggested I lower the ironing board, so I could just turn in my chair from the sewing machine to iron. He's *brilliant*! Why have I never thought of this? I was so happy, sewing and pressing and sewing, without having to get up! LOL!

I did purchase my (nearly) solid fabric for the last hexagons I need to cut . . .

I think the print is small and delicate enough that it will be okay. I'll try and cut/sew/cut those triangles out sometime this week -- maybe Tuesday?

I also got these strips sewn and cut; they're ready to be pieced into the halves.

I'll *try* to get to those this week too, but I'm not promising myself anything! Until now I was doing this quilt just to do it, but now I've got a recipient in mind, so that will make it even more fun!

I finished piecing the other three Arrowhead blocks . . . I love how they turned out!

Although now that I've finished them, I'm not sure what I'll do with them! I only did them in the first place because I was succumbing to peer pressure! Perhaps I'll just put them away for now, and pull them out again after Christmas -- and after grandbaby two arrives!

Speaking of which, Jocelyn and I went online yesterday and did pick out her fabrics -- so cute! It's from Adornit's Life's a Hoot line.

She saw it in a store in Seattle and fell in love with it! We'll do bumper pads, curtains, and a quilt. Fun stuff!

To see what other projects are being worked on out there, head on over to Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times!

As for me, I'm headed out to spend the day with my Sawyer. Yay for me! Crock pot is in hand -- tonight's dinner will feature one of our family's favorites -- pork tenderloin with sauerkraut!

Hasta la vista!

:)