Thursday, November 11, 2010

marching one step closer . . .

"Marching" was my segue word for transitioning from Veteran's Day back to quilting. I'm so clever I amaze myself. Ahem.

But I am closer to being ready for some big sewing on Saturday. Tonight's star was this guy:

And I don't know why I refer to my iron as a 'him', but he is, so there you have it. He worked hard tonight.

Now I know this all looks like the same photos from Tuesday, but I promise you, these are all neatly pressed.

Crisp and flat. Ready for some design wall, these pieces are.

These pieces are definitely ready to hit the sewing machine!

All those pretty, pressed points!

These little babies looked so good, I could resist working with them a little longer.

Yep. I went ahead and pulled out the triangle ruler and cut out all my triangles.

These are ready for stitching on Saturday, too. If I can wait that long!

Tomorrow after work I'll take a trip to the fabric shop to see if I can find a solid I like for the last set of hexagons I need to cut. Yeah, and once those are done? This thing really *will* be ready for the design wall! WOW!

For now, sweet, quilty dreams!

:)