Sunday, November 28, 2010

nothing new . . .

Which means, unfortunately for me, that the internet is still out, which means NO PHOTOS! Bummer! I so have a whole slew of them I'd like to share! Patiently I'll wait.

I've been dealing with a lot of pain and aggravated swelling of my foot this past week. I'm not sure what's happened. When I first switched from the Mobic to the Celebrex and started wearing the compression stockings, the swelling got so much better. Now it seems to be almost as bad as it was, and the pain has gotten worse. Not just when I walk, either. Sometimes I'm in bed awake for hours waiting for the pain to subside enough for me to sleep. *sigh* Tuesday I pick up my custom orthodic inserts. Perhaps that will make a difference.

Enough of THAT!

I spent today doing this and that in the sewing room. More of that later, when I can show pictures!

I also spent today doing one of my favorite things: watching The Walton's -- all the Thanksgiving movies and the original movie, The Walton's Homecoming. It gets me into the holiday spirit!! Yay!

Last, since I can't share photos, I thought I'd share one last holiday tradition that we start over the Thanksgiving weekend, and make through the New Year. Eggnog!! It's not homemade, but it's not completely store bought, either. Consider it a 'semi-homemade' recipe. It's not as thick or cloyingly sweet as the stuff you buy in the store -- my family loves it!

Semi-Homemade Eggnog
(makes one gallon)

1/2 gallon of store bought eggnog (I use Publix brand)
1 quart whole milk
1 quart half and half
1 Tbls vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
1/4 cup granulated splenda
1-1/2 tsp nutmeg

Mix in a one gallon container. Shake well before serving.

Note: This is definitely *not* a low-fat, low-calorie drink! But boy-howdy it is GOOD!

I'm putting this Thanksgiving weekend to bed.

Be a blessing; be blessed!

:)