Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Little Pink Progress

I've managed to arrange the blocks for the Pretty in Pink Quilt I'm making for my daughter for Christmas. I'm definitely an over-arranger. I could switch and move around blocks forever it seems. I can always find some reason why two blocks shouldn't be beside each other ... are you like that? Eventually I have to just tell myself to leave well enough alone. As long as the basic colours and patterns are distributed all right, and no two squares that are exactly the same are beside each other, it's fine.

I have the first ten rows sewn across the width. I've done very little sewing over the past several days. Sewing those rows probably took about an hour and a half done in little increments of 10 or 15 minutes here and there. (I also managed to sew a little bit on the Selvage Snowman.)

In the last post I said I thought I would need 140 squares, but I actually only used 130. It's 10 by 13. I have lots of squares left and have tucked them away. Some time during the year the quilt guild I just joined makes little baby quilts for the hospital. I think many of these fabrics would be just sweet for a neo-natal quilt, so I'm saving them for whenever the time comes.

Above is one of my favourite fabrics in this quilt. It's Girl's Toile by Free Spirit. It has the sweetest expressions on it and has a nice big repeat. I have lots of squares of this in the quilt and they're all different.
-
Happy Quilting!