Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekend Update

Most of my weekend was spent far away from my sewing machine, but I did make a little progress on the blue and green quilt for Eli's birthday. I basted it.
Then I began quilting it with variegated thread and nice wavy lines. (When I get to the quilting stage, I move my machine out of my home office/sewing room and up to the dining room table.)

La, la, la, oh sewing is so much fun ... until the above happened. Grrrr. And I will admit I've done that before too. I ran out of basting pins before I got out to the edge of the quilt, so when I was quilting away I didn't know that the backing fabric was folded underneath. Oh well, I have yet to make a quilt without using my seam ripper numerous times.
-
I set it aside and will get back to quilting it again soon. Eli's birthday is this coming Saturday so that is my deadline.
The kids had fun doing a little spool bowling.
Other people have been showing some snow photos on their blog so I thought I'd join in. That is the stop sign at the school bus stop.
And here's our two-storey house. Hee, hee, so I may have angled the camera a bit, but you get the idea.
-
Happy Quilting!